Client: One of Houston’s premier health systems
Subject: Ambulatory Consulting
Client was looking to improve their limited ambulatory offerings outside of the Texas Medical Center.
Our Task Was
The Larkin Group needed to increase primary care access points for the client and create brand loyalty. The client required the creation of a full business plan, which would define each ambulatory sub-segment, quantify the segment’s attractiveness, and prioritize both geographics and asset types.
The Larkin Group began working with the client to clearly define over 10 discrete ambulatory access points.
- Began tracking operational, payment, capital, and patient experience metrics
- Mapped the client’s current assets, as well as the competition’s
- After factoring in demographic and drive time information, created an attractiveness measurement tool and identified a few focus areas
- Gathered information about real estate availability and pricing for both land and lease
The Larkin Group created a full business plan for the client, which included full operational and financial needs for their expansion targets over the next five years.
By building strong relationships across key departments and focusing on results, The Larkin Group completed this work for our client within a few months.
- Client met their budgeting timeline.
- We provided an integrated team of experts in operations, finance, real estate development, and planning.
- Client received exact locations for specific ambulatory assets.
Through The Larkin Group’s efforts, our client was able to increase ambulatory offerings outside the Texas Medical Center. Due to our data-gathering and analysis, sites were selected strategically to best benefit the client’s health system. It is now easier for patients to stay in the same health system for all their needs, creating increased brand loyalty.